Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hair Rainbow



I love to play with my hair. I had this long hair, then I went blond, then I did this idk what color, and now short bob. I mean we just live once, why not experience it all?

I seriously thought this rainbow color trend is here just for a short run, but err...wait, rainbow colored hair have been spotted in the runways and now in the streets as well. From ombres, reverse ombres, full on dyed wig and now rainbows all over.

Did y'all see Prabal Gurung's fall show?The models walked the ramp in pink streaks of hair. And then Lauren Conrad posted the pic of her rainbow dyed hair. I am wondering if I can dare for it. The big question is, Can a regular girl like me pull off this fierce look? Celebs like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga have done it and seems like ladies are ready to push their limits with bright colors in the real world too. Any thoughts?

If you want to make it work at your work place, you can make a bun and hide it or play it with the braids. Natural hair color and skin color should be considered before experimenting with colors. Darker skin with brunette hair goes well with rich tone colors like emerald green, burgundy and purple whereas fairer skinned blonds go well with pink, light blue or lavender. The best way to experiment with colors is to first try at the tips like Lauren Conrad. Or if you don't wanna go over the top, you can always get the rainbow colored extensions in Sephora. It’s as easy as that.



And if you end up hating it ladies, world hasn't ended here, you can always dye it back. So why not have a little fun????








photos via LF stores


3 comments: