Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lake George -Queen of American Lakes


My apologies for not being a complete devotee to my blog. I have been too busy enjoying my trip and what not since I‘ve returned to the city. I am too lazy to sit in front of the computer and think what to write. But, I have committed myself to give ya’ll a sneak peek of what I did all this time. I went to Lake George.  I was just about to feel home-sick and this trip totally saved me. "Could there be a better timing?," I asked myself. It was just the perfect time and place to enjoy my summer. I really needed this. The town made me feel like home, my sweet home, Pokhara.  Pokhara  is a beautiful city with stunning views of the Himalayas and several lakes. It is more beautiful than these merry words could describe. Trust me!





Lake George, nicknamed as “queen of American lakes” is located at the southeast base of Adirondack mountains in northern New York.  When I travel it’s all about good food, new concepts and pure fun. First night in lake George…Well, it was raining ( I know-I know, dumbest thing to do was not to check the weather before the trip), but company of good friends, sight of a beautiful lake from our hotel, and poker totally saved my evening.  We ended our night with the yummy Asian-fusion food at Hibachi. The small hotel we stayed in was elegant, overlooking the beautiful lake and seamlessly integrated into the texture of the town.





Next morning, after breakfast we went to see the historic Prospect Mountain. Oh the view! So beautiful! Panoramic view of Lake George and the Adirondack valley was ah-ma- zing.  In a true New-yorker-style, we went bar hoping and partied whole night. Thank god, I didn’t wake up with a hangover. On the third day, my friends enjoyed para sailing. The colorful chutes were hovering all over the bay area, and people were so excited. But I just couldn't get over with my "acrophobia". I cant even look  down from the forth floor in the mall, yeah folks, that BAD! Eventually, I ended up at the shore, clicking few pictures, enjoying the sun and food at the local restaurant.















Fourth and the last day, we rented a 130 hp speed boat. Oh boy! it was one of the wildest ride! It was a combination of a roller coaster with a tinge of danger and fun at the same time. And yeah, the tubing part was really OMG. Thank-god, i didn't pass on this exhilarating ride. I soaked up the sun, got a perfect tan and tried to take in all the adventure and fun a boat ride could offer.






P.S. Restaurants in the village offers good varieties of food.








And that was it, the following evening, we drove our way back to the big apple.

On our way we had to make a stop in  Harlem. Soon after we parked our car , a fight broke out. People were popping bottles and cursing. We had to stay there waiting for the NYPD to come, my friend from Oklahoma was bewildered, I hugged her and all I could say was “Welcome to New York”.


2 comments: